Picking a good drone can be a difficult process. While there are many drones out there that are great for beginners and many that are perfect for professionals, there’s not a lot out there for novices who want to get more serious about flying.
Fortunately, that’s where the Force F100 Ghost drone comes in. This review seeks to determine whether the Force1 F100 Ghost is worth your time and your money – as well as whether it fulfills the needs of those in this part of the market.
Force F100 Ghost Drone Main Features & Specs
The Force F100 Ghost Drone is a great drone for several types of pilots. Its best features include the quiet flight for video enthusiasts combining an onboard camera mount for GoPro Hero 3 and 4 with brushless motors, this is one of the better budget-priced options for photography and videography fans.
The brushless motors enable quiet flight, helping to put the focus on the subject of the video.
This drone has a long flight time, due to its double LIPO battery and lightweight that help keep it aloft for up to 15 minutes. This means more stunts, more pictures, and more time in the air.
The F100 Ghost is capable of 360-degree stunts thanks to an intuitive control scheme. New pilots and old pros alike can get a great deal of performance out of this drone.
|Force1 F100 Ghost Drone Specs|
|15 min||Outdoor||1080P HD||2×1800 mAh LiPo||120 min||15.7 ounces||16x13x6 inches||500 m|
Arguments: Pros & Cons
Arguments: Force1 F100 Ghost GoPro Drone Pros:
- Great price point;
- Comes with 4 spare propellers;
- Controls are responsive;
- Can perform 360-degree rolls;
- Works straight out of the box;
- Relatively easy to fly;
- Works well with most cameras;
- Very quiet flight;
- Easy to set up and take down.
Force1 F100 Ghost GoPro Drone Cons:
- No first-person flight;
- Hard to get replacement parts;
- Doesn’t work with all GoPro models;
- Remote can be finicky;
- Can be difficult to pair.
Force1 F100 Ghost Drone Remote Control & Set-up for First Flight
- GoPro Compatible Camera Drone for Adults: The F100GP RC drone is built for adventure with a 1080p HD action camera and GoPro action camera mount compatible with GoPro Heroes 3 and 4; expertly capture HD photos and video footage with this drone for GoPro
- High-Powered Brushless Drone Motors: Tougher, more powerful brushless motors give you a long flight range of up to 500 meters; this drone with 30 minutes long flight time races in 2 speeds and includes 3 swappable RC drone shells (white, blue, and black)
- 1080p HD Wide-Angle Drone Camera: Enjoy panoramic view and perfectly capture moments from the sky in vivid colors; this video drone can be set to record from above during its flight; high landing gear protects your quadcopter drone camera when landing
- Complete GoPro Drone Accessories: This remote control drone is an MJX Bugs 3 model that smoothly flies with a 2.4 GHz remote (requires 4 AA batteries - not included); drone kit includes (2) 1800mAh Li-Po drone batteries, balance charger, 4 extra propellers, and 4 propeller guards
- Quality Assured: The F100GP Ghost GoPro-ready drone with camera for adults comes in original F100 Ghost drone packaging; We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied with this elite brushless drone with camera
If you’ve ever played a video game, you’ve probably got a good idea of how to fly this drone. The controller is simple and works, but it’s not really anything special.
The remote fits well in the hand and you’ll have the hang of how all the buttons work in just a few minutes.
The control layout is simple. The left stick controls the throttle and the rudder. While the right stick controls the direction of the flight.
Under the two control sticks are sliders that control left/right and leftward/rightward trim.
Between the control sticks are sliders that control forward and backward trim. There is also a power switch in the middle of the controller.
On the shoulders, there are four buttons. Leftmost is a button that switches between high and low speed. Next to that is a button that locks and unlocks the drone.
While on the right inside shoulder is a button that allows the drone to do three hundred sixty degree flips. Finally, there is a button that toggles photos and videos on and off.
Flying the Drone
Your first flight will be preceded by a bit of set-up. It’s recommended that you conduct this inside, as you’ll want to lay out all the parts from the box.
The instruction manual is very clear on set-up, and you’ll have all the tools you need to put the drone together.
You will have to manually attach the landing gear, rotors, and propeller guards before starting. You also have the option of attaching the camera mount, but it might be a good idea to skip that step for your first flight.
This drone is a bit too large to fly inside, so make sure you go outdoors for the first flight. Try to pick a day that’s relatively clear—the drone is still light enough that a good breeze will throw it off course.
You may also want to find an area that’s free of trees because the drone definitely gets enough height to get tangled.
You’ll start your first flight by pairing the drone with the remote. This is done by pressing the red button on the remote and turning on the drone.
Pairing is usually relatively quick, and any problems can be solved by turning off the drone and controller.
Force1 F100 Ghost GoPro Drone
It’s recommended that you start your flight from somewhere stable. Flat, empty ground is the best if you can’t find that, if not, start the drone on top of a flattened cardboard box.
You’ll want to start by getting the drone in the air before you focus on movement – the trickiest part will be learning how to orient the drone.
Your initial flight should be largely composed of learning how to move the drone around before attempting any stunts. If you fly it under these conditions, the Force1 F100 Ghost should fly quite well.
What’s in the Box?
As always, it’s a good idea to know what comes packed in with any drone. The Force F100 Ghost includes everything you need for basic flight, as well as a few extras that will help you to keep the drone in the air longer. The box includes:
- The Force1 F100 Ghost Drone;
- The camera;
- Remote Control;
- 2 LiPo Batteries;
- Camera Mount for GoPro Hero 3/4;
- 4 Spare Propellers;
- Balance Charger;
- 4 High Landing Gears;
- 4 Propeller Guards;
- Small screwdriver;
- Instructions Manual.
The Force1 F100 Ghost is a fully-featured drone that relies heavily on its GoPro functionality and stunt controls. If you enjoy drones with GoPro cameras, you can also check out the DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro.
The F100 Ghost provides a straightforward flying experience that has provoked among its users. The F100 Ghost packs everything a pilot needs for a mid-range drone experience.
Have you flown the F100 Ghost before? Let us know about your experience with the drone in a comment below!