If ever in need of a reliable flight companion, then the Phantom 3 Drone is definitely the answer. DJI has proven time and time again that it can use the technology to its advantage to create dependable and lightweight UAVs.
The DJI Phantom 2 was a noteworthy project, being deemed by UAV enthusiasts as being a milestone in the short history of recreational aircraft models.
DJI is now back with the third generation of Phantom drones, a project that does not only inspire elegance and grace but raw and untamed power as well.
Introducing the Phantom 3 Drone
As part of their move to dazzle the UAV market, DJI has created the Phantom 3 series, which includes four models, each of them equipped with all the bells and whistles of technology. The four drones that make up the Phantom 3 series are:
- Phantom 3 Standard – the basic version of the series, crafted to accommodate users who don’t want to wrap their heads around anything too complex;
- The Phantom 3 Professional – sporting out more advanced features like recall, improved stabilization, and live location feedback;
- Phantom 3 Advanced – this Phantom 3 version is the dream of each science aficionado;
- Phantom 3 4K – the 4K version is great for taking pictures and creating great videos.
1. Phantom 3 Standard – Specs and Impressions
- Refer the user manual and videos on this page for troubleshooting.Enjoy the view: A live video feed gives you a 720p HD real-time view of what your camera sees right on your mobile device
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
- Fly up to 25 minutes with the included intelligent battery. A range of accessories is included:1 battery and charger, full set of propellers, radio controller
- Update the remote control first before use.
Even though it’s only a basic DJI Phantom 3 drone, the Standard edition knows its way around the user. Moreover, the DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone can offer 25 minutes of uninterrupted flight thanks to its 2600 mAh LiPo 18650 battery.
The Phantom 3 Standard can take up in just a matter of seconds with its four brushless propellers.
Furthermore, once the drone is in the air, it will definitely not be carried away by strong winds thanks to its four curved high-powered DJI curved electromagnets that keep the propellers running at all times.
Flying has never been easier than when having the automatic flight assistant application which can help set the desired altitude, pitch, and cruise speed.
After the drone takes off, it automatically records its starting position. Also, with the touch of a single button, one can always recall the Phantom drone to its initial location.
Stabilization is ensured by a 3-axis gimbal for pitch, yaw, and roll. Moreover, thanks to the drone’s highly sensitive air brakes, the UAV can stop instantly and hover over the desired location.
The Phantom 3 Standard Drone can offer 25 minutes of uninterrupted flight.
More Specs and Features:
- Auto-Hover: the drone Phantom 3 will stand perfectly still when instructed;
- Safe Flight Limits function: lets users set the flight limits;
- Live GPS function: use a smart device to track the drone’s position in real time;
- Direction Indicators: the drone is equipped with four bright LED indicators which show where the drone is going;
- LED Battery Indicator;
- Top speed: 16 meters per second;
- Built-in GPS
- Operating frequency: 5.725 GHz and 5.825 GHz;
- Camera: 12-megapixel imaging sensor, ISO 3200, capable of filming up to 2.7K at 30 frames per second;
- Micro USB charging port;
- Compatible with DJI Go mobile application – needs Android 4.1.2 or later to run it;
- Max Altitude: 6000 meters above the sea level.
- Easy to use;
- DJI Go is easy to set up;
- Great Video quality;
- Good image stabilization;
- Attractive price.
- Camera can’t be upgraded;
- Drone cannot be folded;
- Landing gear does not collapse;
- Occasional video glitches.
2. Phantom 3 Professional Specs and Impressions
- 4k UHD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal; Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal microSD card)
- Included flight battery and rechargable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box. Flying this product is restricted within 15 miles radius of the White House.
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control (phone/tablet sold separately; see DJI's website for compatible models)
- Kindly refer all the Tutorial Videos given in the Image Section on the Catalog before use for the proper training.
Introducing the upgraded version of the Phantom 3 Standard edition, the Phantom 3 Professional, or the flying machine that takes flying to the next level.
If Leonardo da Vinci lived in the 21st century, he would no doubt have loved to get his hands on one of this flying contraptions.
Everything about the DJI Phantom 3 Professional spells out “easy-to-use” starting from its top-notch navigation system assured by a built-in GPS, and the GLONASS system, that tracks the position of the drone using no less than 34 satellites.
The DJI Phantom 3 Professional version requires little to no flying experience since its system is capable of making precise flying corrections.
Moreover, each time the drone is activated and takes to the air, it automatically logs every movement and creates precise backup logs.
In case something goes wrong, the drone can automatically relay the relevant information back to customer service.
Unlike the Standard edition, which is equipped only with curved electromagnets, the Professional edition has self-tightening propellers which guarantee a smooth flight.
The Phantom 3 Professional version requires little to no flying experience
More Specs and Features:
- Intelligent battery: The Professional edition’s battery has built-in LEDs which shows how much juice is left. The drone will then relay how much long it can fly before it needs to be recharged.
- 23 minutes of uninterrupted flight;
- 4480 mAh intelligent battery;
- Sony EXMOR 12.4-megapixel image sensor;
- Inertial measurement unit;
- Electronic Speed Controllers;
- Return home feature;
- Operating frequency: between 2400 GHz and 2483 GHz;
- Battery: 6000 mAh LiPo 2S;
- Compatible with DJI GO mobile application – needs Android 4.1.2 or iOS 8.0 to run.
- Enhanced stability;
- 4K video capture feature;
- Easy to set up;
- Live feed function: 720p at 30 frames per second;
- Return Home function running smoothly;
- Low battery life;
- Wide-angle lens often produces distortions;
- The price.
3. Phantom 3 Advanced Specs and Impressions
- Up to 2.7K HD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal micro SD card)
- Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Included flight battery and rechargeable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control.
The next generation of Phantom 3 Drone lies now at our fingertips. Everything about the Phantom 3 Advanced inspires brute force.
Thus, with a sleek new look and advanced propeller technology, this bad boy can achieve a top cruise speed of 16 meters per second, no matter the weather.
Like its distant DJI Phantom 3 Professional brother, the Advanced version takes full advantage of the GPS and GLONASS technology for never-before-seen tracking precision.
Furthermore, creating a waypoint and instructing the drone to visit points of interests is now possible thanks to the drone’s auto-piloting feature.
Moreover, crystal clear videos and crisp pictures aren’t pure fiction any more thanks to the drone’s mounted 20 mm FOV camera, that sports out a Sony EXMOR 12.4-megapixel image sensor that can take 4000×3000 picture and film at 2.7K.
Everything about the Phantom 3 Advanced inspires brute force.
More Specs and Features:
- Advanced hover features;
- Return home function;
- Vision positioning system;
- GLONASS assisted hover system;
- Intelligent battery;
- Up to 5 kilometers transmission distance;
- 3-axis stabilization;
- Maximum Altitude: 6000 meters above the sea level;
- Also has a 6000 mAh LiPo 2S battery;
- Intelligent Battery Capacity: 4480 mAH;
- EIRP included;
- DJI GO compatibility;
- Operating temperature: between -10 degrees Celsius and 40 degrees Celsius.
- Has step-by-step instructions manual;
- Full HD videos;
- Advanced satellite navigation;
- Autonomous waypoint setting feature;
- Poor life battery;
- No 4K;
- The camera can’t be taken off from the drone.
4. Phantom 3 4K Specs and Impressions
- 4K Video / 12 Megapixel Camera
- Wi-Fi Video Downlink
- Maximum Transmission Distance of 0.75mi (1.2km)
- Easy to Fly, Intelligent Flight System
- 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal
Finally, we have the DJI Phantom 3 4K, this version of the DJI Phantom 3 drone series sacrifices tracking and sensor technology for high-quality photography and filming.
Compared to the other Phantom 3 drone models, the 4K version can easily pass as Phantom 3 Basic, apart from the enhanced Sony EXMOR 15-megapixel CMOS imaging sensor.
The 4K version has a flight autonomy of 25 minutes, however that can be improved by buying extra batteries. As far as photo shooting goes, the 4K can produce some pretty vivid 4000×3000 pictures while hovering over the target.
While other features include single shot, 3/5/7 burst modes, auto exposure bracketing, time lapse and UHD recording mode.
Phantom 3 4k sacrifices tracking/sensor for high-quality photography and filming
More Specs and Features:
- Smart Battery also;
- Micro SD card;
- ISO 3200 for video and ISO 1600 for photo;
- Also has UDH recording: 4096×2160 at 25 frames per second or 3840×2160 at 30 frames per second;
- Video formats supported: MOV, MP$
- Single Shot Function.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android;
- Decent price;
- Return function also;
- Batteries included in the pack;
- Simple to operate.
- Calibration takes too long;
- Might be hard to take apart.
All in all, the Phantom 3 Drone has everything it needs to become the ultimate flying warrior. So, whether you’re interested in high precision navigation or a good aerial camera, the Phantom 3 series from DJI can accommodate all of your droning needs.