If you are a beginner and don’t know where to start looking for your first drone, or an enthusiast on a budget, this is the guide for you.
We provide an overview of several drones for entry-level users and enthusiasts. Affordable drones don’t mean that the features have to be lacking.
The ProMark GPS Shadow is a great place to start for beginners and intermediate users who want something affordable. We will provide the details you need, to make your choice in this ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
What is the ProMark GPS Shadow Drone?
The ProMark GPS Shadow drone is an entry-level priced drone that offers many features for the enthusiast level. The ProMark GPS Shadow has GPS and 6-axis gyroscope to give better quality flight and controls.
It features a 720P camera, and the best part is that the field of view is 120-degrees, much higher than other similarly priced drones.
ProMark GPS Shadow Drone Review
If you are looking for an affordable enthusiast drone the ProMark GPS Shadow may have the features you want, and it is certain to please any beginner. The drone controls well thanks to the GPS.
You can control the drone to hold altitude and follow the pilot by GPS. The 6-axis gyroscope is perfect for getting panoramic shots.
The camera is not the highest clarity, but it has a 90-degree articulation to get the right shots and a wide 120-degree field of view.
We found the drone to be impressive for the price point, and it includes VR goggles and everything else you need to use the drone out of the box.
We will give you the features, recording capacity, ease of use, price, and the build quality of the drones in this ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
We will compare the ProMark GPS Shadow to 3 other drones you can buy in the entry and enthusiast level.
Affordable GPS Drone
The ProMark GPS Shadow offers GPS at an entry-level price. It also has a maximum operation range of 500m, which is high for a drone in this price range.
We found this one of the most compelling features of the drone in our ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
The ProMark GPS Shadow has excellent controls thanks to its GPS features. The controller is easy to use and you can view the camera using your smartphone.
It has altitude hold and a follow mode. The battery life in the Shadow will give you plenty of flight time at about 12 minutes.
The camera on the ProMark Shadow is a 720P with 90-degree articulation and has the widest field of view in the drones we reviewed. This is one reason we liked this model in our ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
You can find the ProMark GPS Shadow drone for around $$$ on Amazon and other drone retailers. We found the value for the price impressive in our ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
The standard set includes impressive accessories such as VR Headset, the controller, camera, batteries, propeller blades, caps, and blade protectors.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
- Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon RTF Quadcopter Drone
- U45W Blue Jay WiFi FPV Drone with Camera
- VOOCO X-Star Premium Drone with 4K Camera
1. ProMark GPS Shadow Drone
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- GPS and gyroscope in an entry-level drone
- Excellent FOV in the camera
- The best value in terms of features and accessories
- 720P video may not impress everyone
- The warranty could be better
- Battery life is not as long as some high-end competitors
2. Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon RTF Quadcopter Drone
4K Quality Video
The Yuneec Q500 Typhoon has high-quality 4K video and supports 120FPS in 1080P for slow motion. The gimbal provides a stable video and the camera tilts downward up to 90-degrees and has a 115-degree field of view. It also takes 12MP photos for great still shots.
The Yuneec Q500 Typhoon controls brilliantly. It comes with a 5.5-inch touchscreen controller and offers 5 flight control options.
The Q500 Typhoon can follow the pilot controller, watch the pilot controller as it moves with the camera, and return home to the controller.
It has a smart mode to automatically adjust to the controller to the pilot’s direction and an angle pilot mode to control based on the nose of the drone.
There are several combo sets for the Yuneec Q500 Typhoon. The standard set comes with the drone, controller, 2 sets of propellers, battery, charger, gimbal, SteadyGrip, camera, and a 16GB SD card so it is ready to fly out of the box. You can also buy spare batteries, a carrying case, and spare parts.
- Long battery life
- 4K camera with 120FPS in 1080P and a 90-degree tilting camera
- 5.5-inch touchscreen controller with 800m range
- More expensive than competitors
- Only 128GB microSD card capacity
- Standard set only includes one battery
3. U45W Blue Jay WiFi FPV Drone With Camera
- VR Headset Compatible RC Drone with Camera: Fly with your drone and experience First Person View with this VR-ready remote control camera drone; easily sync a VR headset (not included) to this RC flying toy drone and see what your drone sees from up above
- User-Friendly Beginner Drone for Adults: Take control of this RTF drone with the included 2.4GHz remote transmitter (requires 4 AA batteries - not included) with beginner-friendly directional controls, 1-Key Lift/Land, Altitude Hold to hover at a set height, 6-axis gyro for stable flights, and Headless Mode for easy drone orientation
- Fly With Your Phone: Use Gravity Mode when you download the FlyingSee app to fly this FPV drone with your mobile device; create custom routes, capture distortion-free imagery from the sky with the wide-angle 720p HD drone camera, and watch real-time video footage straight to your mobile phone screen
- Tough Outdoor Drone with Long Flight Time: This long distance drone flies for up to 30 minutes with 2 included rechargeable drone batteries (18 minutes per battery); other drone accessories included are extra propellers and guards, 4GB micro SD card, SD card reader, and screwdriver
- Powerful, Safe, Quality Assured: The U45W FPV drone with camera flies with a high-powered drone motor and features safety propeller guards; We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied with these RC drones with camera for adults
The U45W Blue Jay drone from Force1 is a great entry-level drone, as it is one of the best available at an affordable price point. The U45W Blue Jay comes with everything you need to pilot your drone and films in 720P quality.
Great for Beginners
The U45W Blue Jay is easy for beginners to learn how to pilot the drone. Headless mode on the U45W Blue Jay allows you to control from the pilot’s perspective rather than the drone camera.
Single Button 360s
The U45W Blue Jay has a button to make 360-degree turns so you can easily bring the drone back to you.
- Everything you need to get started
- Easy to use controls
- Warranty is limited
- May not offer enough control for the serious enthusiast
- Only 720P video quality
4. VOOCO X-Star Premium Drone With 4K Camera
- 4K Ultra HD video camera with quick-release 3-axis gimbal stabilizer
- HD Live View up to 1.2 miles away and autonomous flight modes via the free Starlink app for iOS or Android (mobile device sold separately)
- Dual GPS/GLONASS outdoor navigation, SecureFlyTM magnetic interference protection, and the Starpoint Positioning SystemTM
- Intuitive remote controller with LCD display and one-touch action buttons
- Included accessories: Premium hard case, 64-GB MicroSD card, intelligent battery, 1-hour fast charger, spare propellers and small parts
The X-Star Premium from Autel Robotics comes with high-end accessories like a splash-proof protective case, a high-capacity 64GB microSD card, and an extra battery.
4K Quality Video
The 4K camera records in 30FPS with up to 240FPS in 720P recording. The X-Star Premium has a camera field of view of 108-degrees and takes 12-megapixel still photos. It is stabilized by the 3-axis gimbal for clear and steady filming.
The X-Star Premium has a battery life over 20 minutes. The extra battery can charge without the drone, so you always have a fully charged battery ready to use.
- Professional quality camera
- Premium accessories
- GLONASS and GPS
- More expensive than competitors
- Field of view lower than similar competitors
- Bulkier than competitors
We give the ProMark GPS Shadow drone a 4.5 out of 5. This drone is impressive for its price point. When you compare it to other similarly priced drones they don’t stack up in terms of features and accessories.
We found compelling features to look for in our ProMark GPS Shadow drone review.
We found the battery life on the ProMark GPS Shadow to be impressive for a drone in the entry-level price range. We liked that the ProMark GPS Shadow has GPS, and it helps the controls of the drone.
We found the camera impressive, while it may not have the resolution of other higher priced drones. The ProMark GPS Shadow camera has a 6-axis gyroscope for great panoramic shots.
We also found the field of view to be higher than competitors much higher priced.
The ProMark GPS Shadow is a great drone for an enthusiast on a budget and an even better drone for a beginner.
The ProMark GPS Shadow comes with everything you need when starting out and even includes VR goggles. Some issues we had with the ProMark GPS Shadow video is only 720P and the warranty could be longer.